To beat the heat of summer, why not to enjoy a mouth-watering drink of apple or basil based composition.
1. Apple with Cinnamon Water drink
- Apples are useful to lose weight and it is the best fruit which you can eat.
- They are high in fiber, especially pectin, a soluble fiber and digestive power is increased with the help of this soluble fiber.
- Apples have also high water content and contain many organic compounds and vitamins.
- Basically, apples are health booster as it is often said“An apple a day, keeps the doctor away”. Apples are also a great source of detox food on their own.
- As a natural ingredient, it is also helpful for weight loss.
- It has a natural thermo-generic property.
- It increases your metabolism and burns a ton of calories in the process.
- It is a powerful thermo magnetic herb that will boost your energy.
1 apple, thinly sliced of your choice
1 cinnamon stick
½ gallon water
All these ingredients are put in a glass pitcher for further preparation. Keep apple slices in the bottom of the pitcher saving a few to keep in the glass later and then add the cinnamon stick. It is to be covered with ice and then add water. Then, it is to be placed in the fridge for 1 hour. Now serve.
2. Apple with Raspberry infused drink
- Raspberries fall in the range of dark berries which are a good source of phytonutrients and antioxidants.
- It contains ellagic acid and tannin. This helps prevent the body cell from damage when they are attacked by free radicals. Ultimately, it slows the tumor growth.
- Anthocyanins, the flavonoids that give raspberries their color and high antioxidant property.
- There are notably fewer anthocyanins in raspberry products including jams. Antocyanins which is present in raspberries can prohibit too much growth of certain bacteria and fungi in the body, namely Candida albicans causing improper bowel sequence and vaginal infection.
- Raspberries are an excellent source of fiber because they rank very low on the glycemic index.
- They also reduce blood pressure level and control mellitus diabetes.
8 cups of apple juice. (This apple juice can be extracted from fresh apple)
1 cup of frozen raspberry concentrates,
1 cinnamon stick
All these ingredients are mixed well with the frozen raspberries of 3-4 pieces and are to be put in each glass before serving.
If the drink becomes thick, sufficient quantity of water is to be added to make it thin.
3. Apple, lemon & lime water
- Lemons are high in Vitamin-C and it contains potassium.
- Vitamin C is brilliant for fighting colds.
- Potassium arouses nerve and brain functions which are responsible for controlling blood pressure and diabetes.
- Since lemons have neutral PH value means it is an alkaline food, but still they are acidic on their own. But, when we take a lemon as a food, they become alkaline in our bodies. The reason is that the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once it is metabolized. Lemons are high in pectin fiber.
- If lemon is taken with warm water, it alleviates the gastrointestinal problem.
- The lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama or toxins in the digestive tract.
- Lime contains critic acid.
- It has the same property like lemon.
- It also helps to remove waste and have a slight laxative effect.
4 sliced apples
1 peeled lemon, cut into 4 pieces
1 or 2 peeled limes, cut into 4 pieces
Water to blend
Juice them all up and drink immediately. Add water, if the drink is thick.
4. Apple, chipotle and Mint
Chipotle peppers are one type of smoke-dried jalapeno. It has a wide variety of health benefits including an ability to prevent certain types of cancer, reduce blood pressure, help to manage diabetes and protect against heart disease.
Chipotle aids to improve upon the immune system, increases digestive power and help in bone formation. It is also helpful to your efforts for weight loss.
It has anti-inflammatory property both internally and externally. So, it is helpful to alleviate arthritis and the formation of tumors.
Since, it is a great source of calcium and magnesium, it revitalizes the bone health
½ cup sugar
8 to 10 mint leaves
¼ teaspoon of dried chipotle powder,
2 cups of apples, cubed and
½ gallon of water.
Bring sugar and water together to make the syrup. The syrup is to be placed in a glass with mint leaves and chipotle so that both these ingredients are muddled thoroughly. The cubes of apples are to be placed in a large glass pitcher, add the muddled syrup and water. Stir it thoroughly and then refrigerate for 2 hours, stir again before serving over ice. Before serving, it is to be garnished with a slice of apple and a sprig of mint.
5. Apple-mint infused Water
¼ apple, peeled and cut into triangles
10 mint leaves
10 cups water
This can be used in an easy way to sweeten your drink and also to get flavors of fruit.
10 cups of water are to be put in a pitcher or large bowl. Add apple and mint leaves. Now, put this pitcher in your fridge. Keep refrigerated up to 2 hours. Strain before serving.
6. Basil, Cucumber and Mint
- Basil contains a great range of essential oils which are rich in phenolic compounds and wide array of other natural products including polyphenols such as flavonoids and anthocyanins.
- These herbs contain high quantities of (E) -beta-caryophyllene.
- This is useful in arthritis and inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Further, it has properties that can help prevent a harmful effect of aging.
- Holy basil extract is very much effective in killing off harmful molecules and ultimately this prevents damage of the liver, brain and heart caused by some free radicals.
- Cucumbers perform a great job of refreshing and hydrating the body because it contains 95% water.
- Cucumber has antioxidant properties and they have anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Cucumbers are a rich source of vitamin C, beta-carotene and manganese free radical scavenger.
- Regular use of cucumber may reduce the chance of your being attacked with cancer.
- The manganese free radical scavenging anti-estrogenic effects as cucumber is helpful for hydration and so it is beneficial for reducing blood pressure.
- It also helps in digestion.
- For diabetic patients, consumption of cucumber is very essential to have control of cholesterol level.
- It also helps in weight loss because it contains Vitamin B.
- Mint adds that special zing to almost all foods.
- It is a very wonderful supplement for liver. The menthol present in mint helps the enzymes necessary for digestion. Mint fights aches and pains.
- It provides you glowing and acne for skin.
- Mint leaves are packed with anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory and good for oral health. It kills bacteria in the mouth preventing bad breath and tooth decay.
- Mint relieves cough and asthma. It boosts immunity. It revitalizes from morning giddiness to pregnant women. It also beats stress and depression.
- Mint helps to fight cancer.
½ cup sugar as option
1 ½ cups water
½cucumber, thinly sliced
24 nos fresh mint
12 nos fresh basil leaves
Add water and sugar to make syrup. The thin slice of cucumber is to be added along with mint and basil to this syrup. Steep for about 30 minutes and then strain into a jar and press the solids. Finally, you serve the drink in a 12 ounce glass with ice. 2 tablespoons of syrup are to be poured in the glass filled with ice. Do not forget to garnish the same with mint and basil.
7. Basil, lemonade with lemongrass
- Lemongrass has a therapeutic and other health benefits. It is widely used to reduce respiratory conditions, including laryngitis and sore throat.
- It has a reputation for its anti-pyretic property which is responsible to reduce high fever.
- Lemongrass has formidable pain relieving properties. It helps to reduce muscle spasms by relaxing the muscles. It contains vitamin A which is helpful for skin issues.
Lemongrass has antifungal and antibacterial property.
Hence,it increases the growth of bacteria and yeast. For this, it is beneficial to gastrointestinal patients.
2 stalks lemongrass 2 cups basil leaves
1 cup juice
1 pinch salt
3 cups cold water
1 quart ice
1slice basil leaves.
All these ingredients are added with salt and then blended into a blender. This blending operation is to be done for a minute until it becomes smooth. Strain the mass through a fine mesh strainer to store into a pitcher. The solids are discarded. Add cold water so that it is combined thoroughly. Add ice. You can now serve in ice-filled glass garnished with cucumber slices and basil leaves.
8. Pineapple Basil Spritzer:
1 pineapple (peeled and seeded)
2 limes (zested and juiced)
½ cup water
8 basil leaves
32ozs club soda
All these ingredients are placed in the pitcher for further preparation till the pineapple is meshed. Discard the solid portion of the mesh. You can very easily make this syrup by adding water and lime zest. Drop 2 basil leaves, juice of 1/2 lime, and 1 tbs of your above syrup in the glass. Then, muddle the basil. Stir gently to mix and serve
9. Basil, Banana shake:
1 banana, peeled and very thin sliced
½ cup water
8 basil leaves
All these ingredients are to be placed in a glass. Stir the same, till the banana is liquefied. Serve after adding few more basil leaves
10. Lillet-Basil cocktail:
1 cup ice (plus more for serving)
½ cup Lillet Blanc
2 tbs fresh orange juice
¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1 cinnamon stick
All these ingredients are to be placed into a pitcher and to be shaken well. You can very easily make this by filling a glass with ice, strain mixture into glass. It is to be garnished with, cinnamon stick and basil leaves.
11. Raspberry Basil Collins:
½ handful basil leaves
1 lemon zest
2/3 cups water
½ cup raspberries
½ cucumber, thinly sliced for garnishing
Prepare the basil syrup, by putting basil, lemon and water in a glass. Then strain, discard the leaves and reserve the syrup. Add raspberry to this syrup and then serve with a few slices of cucumber to garnish.
12. Homemade Vitamin Water:
10 cups water
1 lemon, thinly sliced
¼ fresh and shredded basil leaves
1/3 fresh shredded mint
Stir all these ingredients in a pitcher and refrigerate overnight and serve.
13. Michelada Juice
1tbs sea salt
1 tsp ancho chili powder
2 lime wedges
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp tomato juice
1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
8 basil leaves
Chilled water and ice cubes
Pour the tomato juice, lime juice and hot pepper sauce into a pitcher. Stir well to mix all the ingredients. Pour chilled water and place the basil leaves, until the same is muddled into the juice. Serve with ice cube.
Drink plenty, drink gleefully so as make a healthy and blissful life.